Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Dinner

The reason why I haven't posted in a while is because of this:

Yes, the Relief Society Valentine's Dinner. It kept me busy all week. We had cheesy bread and salads as our first course.

Followed by Pesto Pasta with grilled chicken topped with a cheese heart.

After 80 cheese hearts and 85 waffle cones, Wendy (my enrichment leader) and I were exhausted, but the results were well worth it. Aren't they pretty?
Our dessert was a homemade waffle cone with one scoop of vanilla ice cream, topped with fresh strawberry puree, whipped cream with a pinch of coca powder, and a heart-shaped cinnamon cracker. This was my favorite part of the whole night!

Next month is the Relief Society's birthday so we are throwing a party for the Relief Society sisters. Should be fun!

7 comments:

  1. I love the dinner and all the extras. It looks beautiful. I need to get your waffle cone recipe for our march enrichment. Our theme is "Life...with a cherry on top." And yes, I got the inspiration from your blog title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! i'm so proud of you! You really went all out. I love the waffle cones and the hearts those are the best. I'll call u this week. Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an intense meal! Way too go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes, Yanni! That was a ton of work! It all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am so impressed. Why didn't I ever get one of those desserts for V-day back in Wellington 11? ;) I guess we made do with our mac n cheese. Seriously, though, what an amazing dinner! You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely amazing!!! Im so sad I wasn't able to be there. Justin had awards night at the school and the baby thing through me off!!! Great Job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow--impressive! and so delicious looking! mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete